These pearls are manufactured for you from organic potato starch which comes from organic potatoes grown in the pristine Finnish countryside.
Enjoy your pearls in hot porridges, puddings, pancakes, sweet desserts and pies. Or improve the texture of your casseroles and meatballs with pearls.
Our pearls have a mild taste, making them a favourite with everyone in the family – babies as well as seniors and everyone in between. This product is organic and Kosher certified as well as Halal certified. And if you have special dietary requirements such as coeliac, vegan or low allergies, this is for you.
Ingredients: organic potato starch, citric acid (E330)
Resistant Starch 24g/100g
Organic SAGO Pearls are free from
- milk and dairy
Organic SAGO Pearls are
- Vegan and vegetarian
- with no added salt or sugar
- a good source of resistant starch
- Kosher certified
- Halal certified
We will be exhibiting at BioFach in Germany 10.-13.2.2016 at Finland national stand. Finnish top chef Kim Palhus will be there preparing Finnish food including some of the below. Come over and taste the Sago potato pearl and meet us in Hall 5 – Stand 131!
Looking forward to meeting you at BioFach!
SAGO Potato Porridge (4 servings)
- 1 litre milk
- 2,5 dl organic Sago pearls
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs butter
Bring the milk to a boil and then add the Pearls. Simmer for 8 minutes while stirring constantly. Take the pot off the heat, put the lid on and allow the porridge to steep for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and butter according to your taste.
SAGO pearl pudding – gluten free (5 servings)
- 8 dl milk
- 2 dl Sago potato pearls
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- Bring the milk to the boil and then add the Sago potato pearls. Allow to simmer for 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and allow the porridge to steep for 1-2 minutes, with the lid on. Add salt to taste and a knob of butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased oven dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 200 °C. Serve warm with lingonberry kissel.
- 2 dl lingonberry juice
- 3 dl water
- 2 Tbsp. Organic potato starch
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- Add juice and water to a saucepan. Add the potato starch and sugar.
- Bring to simmering point, stirring all the time. Add the vanilla sugar and allow to cool.
Vegetable chicken casserole – gluten and lactose free (4 servings)
- 300 g L´uomunokka´s boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 100 g diced fresh onion
- 500 g vegetable strips (frozen)
- 1 ½ dl Sago potato pearls
- 2 dl heavy cream
- 2 dl water
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Fry the chicken strips in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry together for a minute. Add the vegetables and Sago potato pearls. Transfer this to a greased casserole dish.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and add to the chicken mixture. Press down the surface with a spatula. Bake at 200 °C for about 45 minutes.
Find more recipes at www.finnamyl.fi